"FOREVER IN OUR HEARTS"

Friday, May 28, 2010

Home Sweet Greenville

Yes my title is exactly what it means. Home Sweet Greenville... Which to me means home sweet home and home will always be in Greenville. Close to my baby boy and all my wonderful family. Brian always replies to it as, "Kellie's whole oak tree, roots and all live in Greenville or very close by." I laugh at it because his family is all over the place, mostly Burlington, NC and Columbia, TN and South Carolina. I love home and I love being with my family. It's a feeling that is hard to explain.....It just makes you feel HOME! I'm in Greenville until Monday, while Brian has headed to Charlotte to the NASCAR 600 race Sunday. I'm not a big fan of watching cars go round and round, so I told him to go with friends and I would head HOME. B/c I would probably whine most of the day if I was stuck watching cars circle. Better for both of us if I came to home. I've been a couple of times, and it's not really that bad, but not something I really enjoy doing.

I had an old college friend of mine email me this week. She told me she was still thinking about and praying for me and Brian. She then told me she had some bad news. She lost one of her twins in April and wanted me to know that her little man is resting beside my Austin. They are barried right beside each other. When I finished reading the email, I dropped my phone and cried. Cried harder than I have in a long time. The tears and heartache I felt for her was how I felt at the hospital holding Austin for the last time. That day will forever be stamped in my mind. I told her I was sorry that she was having to experience this type of pain. I have prayed and prayed to God and wished he could tell me why, as I still find it unfair that we are having to go through this, but I then remind myself that he has a plan for us, bigger than we can know at this point. I still get teary eyed and chills just thinking about it. What are the chances of finding out from a close friend, that they too are having to go through this experience? Sad is all I can say! Very Sad!

Kellie

2 comments:

  1. Was this the Crumpler twins? Our church has been praying for their family since the boys were born. I think of their family often and say a little prayer for comfort and hope. I saw their spot when I was out visiting Ayden's spot...I also visited Austin's and theirs. I pray that they are able to find comfort and joy in the midst of such heartache. It's something we're all trying to figure out, I guess. Thinking of you so often. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless your heart. I just came over from Lindsay's site and am heartbroken for you as you miss your sweet boy also.

    Many prayers for you.

    ReplyDelete