"FOREVER IN OUR HEARTS"

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

God's Way


Today's been pretty good. I've been a little groggy, but I'm sure it has to do with the weather. I'm currently unemployed (which is ok with me) and have no classes this summer, so I try to keep myself busy most days by keeping our house clean and orderly, and making sure Brian has clean clothes for work. He's not the neatest person in the world, so I am constantly picking up his stuff everyday. I use to get upset, but you learn when you get married there are some things to argue about and some things you just do without a word. Don't get me wrong, I get aggravated with his messiness, but if he didn't make messes then what would I do with my time? I guess its "God's Way" of keeping my mind busy! I'll take it....

I came across this quote today......

"We thought of you today, but that is nothing new. We thought about you yesterday, and days before that too. We think of you in silence, We often speak your name. All we have are memories and a picture in a frame. Your memory is a keepsake, from which we'll never part. God has you in his arms..We have you in our heart!"...... Mommy and Daddy miss you so much baby boy! Keep shining on us!

I added the end part and also took out the "I's" and added the "We's." I felt it was a perfect quote for Brian and I at this time in our grieving process. I've seen this quote many times before, however I wasn't ready to share it as "OUR" daily quote.... But I'm ready now.

After posting the quote for Austin, I got a little emotional. It's still hard to understand why he's not with us. Brian and I miss him more and more everyday. Brian's a very quite person when it comes to grieving and I don't push asking him questions. I feel he'll talk to me when he wants too. I know he's had a hard time the last few days, so I took a lot more from this quote than saying I miss Austin. It needed to be We miss him, We love him, and We wish we could see that sweet smile again..... Because "WE" are on this emotional roller coaster together!

I also got an email from the guys at the funeral home where we had Austin's service and who helped us with our Marker for Austin's grave site. He sent me a few pictures of what the Marker looks like, (I'm happy and sad that its finally here). I know many people will say its weird to want to see your child's marker, but I wanted Austin to have the best we could give him and the Good Lord above let that happen for us. I felt after all that occured today, It was "God's Way" again for letting us know he was looking over us. Thank you Jesus for showing us your love and support as you walk with us. God Bless!

Kellie

No comments:

Post a Comment