"FOREVER IN OUR HEARTS"

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Temporary Home

This is my temporary home, Its not where I belong
Windows and Rooms that I'm passing through
This is just a stop on the way to where I'm going
I'm not afraid because I know This is my Temporary Home. (CU)

These lyrics where in my head when I woke up this morning. Kind of fits the way things are in our house right now. I've been packing and packing and packing all of Austin's things in his room over the last few weeks. Yes, I said weeks! It's not something that I am excited to do or even wanted to do. Little guy had so many nice things, its just hard to stomach that he will never be able to wear them. That I will never be able to pull those clothes out again and put them on my baby boy. I packed all his clothes that still had tags. Vacuumed sealed them and they are ready to be put in storage until we decide we are ready to have another little baby. The clothes he wore the most I've saved in the closet and when I'm ready, I'm going to make a baby quilt with them. A special quilt that we will use (God willing) on our next baby.

So As I packed the car this morning with his car seat, stroller, bathtub, highchair, lamb chair, and his changing pad I just couldn't believe that I didn't need those things again. For some reason, GOD has given me the strength to be able to do this all without tears. Strange I know, but things that have to be done, I'm doing them. Doing them with strength and courage and knowing that He has a plan for Brian and I. I'm not gonna say, I like it, but if we want this house to sell it has to be done. As I go back to the lyrics of Temporary Home, by Carrie Underwood I think of how Brian and I are passing through this house everyday, missing our baby boy, and praying that God will help us sell it quicker than we have time to pack up everything. There are way too many memories, way to many thoughts and tears, and we are looking for a NEW start.

So I end with my own lyrics for Brian and I........
This is our temporary home, It's not where we belong,
Windows and rooms that we're passing through
This is just a stop on the way to where we're going
We're not afraid because we know this is our temporary home.....for now!

KELLIE

1 comment:

  1. That is such a true song!
    I found your blog from keeping up with the Jones!
    I cannot imagine having to pack up my childs belongings!
    We lost our little girl 34 minutes after she was born.
    It's hard everyday, but God reminds me everyday that this too shall pass and we will see her again, just like you will see Austin again!

    ReplyDelete